Spiced Salmon Quinoa Bowls
The perfect quinoa bowl exists, and it’s loaded with spiced salmon, crispy cucumber, crunchy cabbage and shredded carrots served over a bed of perfect fluffy RiceSelect Tri-Color Quinoa with a side of cool lemon dill dressing. These spiced salmon quinoa bowls are filling and delicious and full of flavor. The ingredients can easily be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge for convenience. When you are hungry just grab and layer everything in a large bowl and dig in!
How to make perfect fluffy quinoa:
1. Rinse RiceSelect quinoa using a strainer and large bowl.
2. Combine rinsed quinoa and water in a pot. I use a ratio of 1 and ¾ cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa.
3. Bring water to a boil, then simmer until water is absorbed.
4. Turn off heat and cover quinoa then fluff with a fork.
Ingredients for Spiced Salmon Quinoa Bowls:
2 lb. Salmon Fillet
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup RiceSelect Tri–Color Quinoa
1 3/4 cups water
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
3 cucumbers thinly sliced into rounds
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 bunch of fresh dill
1 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lemon
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over salmon.
- Season with spices, making sure to rub it in.
- Place in the oven on 450′ for about 12 minutes, until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Rinse quinoa using a strainer and large bowl.
- Combine quinoa and water in a pot. I use a ratio of 1 and 3/4 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa.
- Bring water to a boil, then simmer until water is absorbed.
- Turn off heat and cover quinoa then fluff with a fork.
- Layer cooked quinoa in serving bowls with cooked salmon, carrots, purple cabbage, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Prepare dill sauce by combining ingredients. Serve over quinoa bowls
or on the side.
- Optional, garnish bowls with freshly chopped dill.