I recently made this pasta salad for a dinner party and as usual, it was a hit! It’s a great way to make your favorite high carb dish a little more nutritious!
2 cups Fusilli Vegetable Pasta, uncooked (or substitute your fave pasta)
1 small head broccoli, chopped into big chunks
3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup pine nuts and/or almonds
5 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 small purple onion, diced
1/4 fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 tsp. + 1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. salt
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water to cool. Set aside in large mixing bowl.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and 1 teaspoon of salt and let cook uncovered until broccoli is just tender (a fork should easily pass through a broccoli floret, but do not overcook!). Drain and rinse in cold water to cool. Chop into finer pieces and add to pasta.
3. Over medium heat, in a small skillet or frying pan, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. When your pan gets warm, brown garlic and pine nuts. Add your garlic and pine nuts to pasta.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients to the pasta and serve! Add more or less salt and pepper according to your taste.
Mixed spices for Jerusalem grill spices
Avocado, cut into pieces
Taco chips, crushed
1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 Cup of bbq sauce
Cook pepper steak over low heat with some olive oil. Add the above mentioned spices. (I never measure with spices, I usually just throw in a teaspoon or two) Add a dash of soy sauce. Let it cook together with the soy sauce and spices until no longer pink. (You can also make a marinade of the olive oil, soy sauce and the spices and then cook the meat after it has been marinated) While the meat is cooking prepare the salad. Put the veggies in a bowl, add the taco chips. Combine the BBQ sauce and the mayo for the dressing. Once the meat is ready add it to the salad, toss well and serve while it is still warm.
2 romen noodle packets
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3 Tbs slivered almonds
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vinegar
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 napa cabbage sliced up and shredded
1 green onion
1. bring sugar, oil, vinegar, and soy sauce to boil over medium heat. Then remove and cool.
2. Place noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds on a cookie sheet in oven, set to 350 for 8-10 minutes.
3. combine everything and mix well.
~ Recipe submitted by Anna-Aliza Benzaquen Rosenbaum