2 onions, chopped
1 TBSP flour
1 (15 oz) can of plain tomato sauce mixed with 2 cups water
6 cups water
2 TBSP chicken soup powder (MSG-free)
3/4 cup lentils
3/4 cup barley
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
1. Saute chopped onion in olive oil until soft and turning brown.
2. Then, stir in flour.
3. Stir in the tomato sauce/water mixture.
4. Pour in the rest of the water.
5. Put in the rest of the ingredients.
6. Bring to a boil and then cover partially for 30 minutes and cooking on low-medium. Then cover completely and cook for another 30 minutes simmering on low.
~ Recipe submitted by S.K.