Passover Matzo Brei Board with Toppings
Passover Matzo Brei Board with SWEET & SAVORY toppings. I love giving traditional recipes a modern makeover. It’s not Pesach without a batch of deliciously fried matzo brei. Growing up my mom would serve it topped with sugar and just thinking of it brings me back to her kitchen in Brooklyn. This year, I am making my mom’s classic matzo brei recipe layered on a board for easy serving, with a collection of tasty toppings perfect for the holiday. All of the ingredients can be purchased at your local Ralphs Grocery or ordered in the Ralphs app for free pickup or easy delivery (head to my Stories to see how I use it!) Whether you’re hosting a formal dinner with loved ones or getting together for brunch with friends, Ralphs has all the Kosher ingredients you need to keep your Passover traditions alive!
Black pepperMatzo Brei
1. Break matzo into pieces and soak in a bowl with water until softened.
2. Whisk eggs together and season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain water from matzo bowl and combine matzo pieces with eggs.
4. Heat up a large frying pan with two tablespoons oil and fry matzo batter in batches until golden brown on both sides.
5. Once matzo brei is cooled off layer on a serving platter
6. Surround matzo brei with desired toppings
Ideas for Toppings:
Thousand island dressing