Better than Takeout Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Sandwiches with BBQ Onions
This crispy oven fried chicken is hands down (food in my mouth!) my favorite dinner recipe. It’s super quick to prepare, tastes great (better than takeout) and is enjoyed by kids and adults alike which makes it a dinner menu must. This recipe is baked not fried so there is no grease or time spent flipping and frying in front of the oven, but you still get all the delicious crispy coating from traditional schnitzel.
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup bbq sauce divided in half
2 cups corn flake crumbs
2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and 1/4 cup bbq sauce.
2. Coat chicken in mayonnaise bbq sauce mixture then corn flake crumbs.
3. Place chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook on 350′ for about 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
4. While chicken is cooking in the oven, heat up a large frying pan with oil.
5. Cook sliced onions until browned then add 1/4 cup bbq sauce to pan and combine.
6. Serve cooked crispy chicken and bbq onions stuffed in a heated up hot dog bun.
Tips & Tricks: Chicken can also be served over salad, in a wrap or over rice.